TRACKDAY Ducati tuning available.
Microtec ECU (fuel and ignition) Tuning available
While the peak hp improvement numbers are what
people "look at", the biggest difference in EC997 dyno tuning (over
simplistic Dynojet dyno tuning) is that with the EC997's low inertia
and the realtime HP readout, we can adjust the fueling at part
throttle cruise, fuel and ignition to what the engine actually
"wants", rather than tuning to a so-called "AFR" that it's "supposed
With the proven philosophy of "tuning to Best Power and Engine Smoothness" and experience with over 30 different FI tuning programs, we can make just about every bike run better than "AFR" tuning and can definitely make better custom maps than simply dropping in a "pre-mapped" DP ECU.
With Tuneboy Software and Nemesis or Microtec
ECU's, you can buy that non-Ducati exhaust system and eliminate the
need for the DP ECU.
Lighter Shift Centering Spring
Click Here to buy
Just rode bike awesome shifting, smooth, smooth smooth
Lighter Shift Centering Spring
For when you decide that you want lighter feeling shift lever action for better feel.
A lighter foot shift pressure is less unsettling.
Decreases lever effort required to make a shift.
Makes foot shift pressure more like other sportbikes.
Since you are not having to push so hard to move the lever, it's easier to find neutral.
Like your rearsets? But, no matter how you lube, shim, adjust the arcs, angles and lengths, it's still annoyingly stiff to shift?
Don't be "this guy"^
Keep a spare spring.
Hybrid Ceramic Microbearing Detent arm and F-Pro spring
replaces 7991 0491a spring and arm
Love the bike? Except for the shifting? Hard to find neutral?
The famous Factorini Provente Shift Kit is now available for the Ducati Twins.
Factorini Provente designed and manufactured Microbearing Detent Arm and Factorini Provente designed Detent Spring will firm up the shift feel and virtually eliminates missed shifts - both upshifting and downshifting and neutral is easier to find.
Trackday and race
Misses fewer shifts.
Provente Microbearing Detent Arm and Factorini Provente Detent
Installation: Less than 2 hours to install with impact wrench and large socket set.
Can I install it myself? Yes - If you can remove the clutch assembly, you can do this.
1. Drain the oil.
|Additional Parts required
1 new clutch cover gasket
(gasket not supplied at this time)
Ducati Service Manual
Air or electric 1/2" impact wrench
2. Remove the screws and the clutch cover.
3. Cover the passageway that leads to the oil sump. If you don't cover the passageway, youwill drop pieces of the shift mechanism down there when removing and installing.
4. Remove the clutch spring bolts, then the outer cover and clutch plates. Keep clutch plates in order.
|Remove the clutch plates - keep in order.|
5. Bend back the lock washer on the clutch basket mounting 32mm nut and remove the nut and locking plate.
You will need a 1/2" air or electric impact gun. Then remove the clutch basket.
6. Locate the shift detent mechanism.
|Stock arm and spring on the left and F-Pro Microbearing Detent Arm and F-Pro spring on right.|
7. Replace the original detent spring and detent
arm with the new FACTORY heavy duty replacement spring and laser cut
microbearing detent arm.
8. While preventing the output shaft (the countershaft sprocket) from turning, slowly turn the clutch shaft and shift through the gears to verify correct installation. GO THROUGH ALL GEARS - UP AND DOWN! You will have to turn the clutch shaft to allow the dogs and slots to line up and complete the shift.
9. The shift action should be slightly firmer and much quicker.
10. If it doesn't feel right, IT ISN'T!! and it won't fix itself after you ride it. RECHECK YOUR WORK.
11. If in doubt, call us !!! We are here to support you.
12. Reinstall the clutch and plates. Replace the clock washer - Replace the clutch nut, torque to 184 ftlbs.
Relock the lock washer for the clutch basket mounting nut.
13. Remove the covering from the passageway to the oil sump.
13a. Replace the outer clutch pressure plate and screws.
14. Clean the clutch cover gasket surface and replace the cover, using a new gasket.
15. Replace the oil! Use a QUALITY oil. If available, try Bardahl Semi Synthetic.
16. Test ride. If the transmission doesn't shift correctly, you skipped instruction # 10.
17. Enjoy the new, crisp shift action and experience the same superior FACTORY PRO performance that national championship winners experience.
EFI and Carb Tuning - Most all FI and carb tuning
by Wheelsmith Racing
Flight Training - train with AMA race winner Todd Harrington.
The Harringtons own American Flyers, one of the most established flight training facilities in the USA.
The Rich Oliver
Mystery School will help you discover your hidden inner strength.
It will challenge you. It will teach you a new way of thinking, and a new way of riding. You can take your riding to an exciting new level!
We use a variety of proven drills and training techniques.
Practicing these techniques with our Yamaha dirt track trainers will enhance your abilities both on the track or the street.
It doesn't matter what you ride or race, the Rich Oliver Mystery School improves everyone's skill level and mindset!
WW2 vintage flying Special
Book a sightseeing flight over the Wine Country
or a Kamikaze aerobatic flight or a biplane flight over famous
the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco Bay for one or two during
the spring and get a free souvenir t shirt!
707 938 2444
The extension of the laboratory
for engines of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology was completed
in about 1935. Its architect was Rudolf Otto Salvisberg (1882-1940).
He had a successful career in Berlin but returned to Switzerland after
the advent of the Nazis. His architectural style was somewhat similar
to that of Erich Mendelsohn. The staircase of the laboratory is in normal
use but well preserved.
Edited to the tunes of Chemical Residue by Herbie Hancock.